Wines from around the world
By Kirstie Boone
Calling all oenophiles and foodies! You don’t want to miss this opportunity to sip wines from around the world and taste delicious dishes from numerous local Columbia restaurants. On Monday, March 27, 2017 guests will gather at the South Carolina State Museum for the South Carolina Philharmonic’s Tasting Notes to sip wine and sample local delicacies while enjoying a silent auction featuring art, wine, trips and more. Music will be provided by the Reggie Sullivan Quartet and the Dreher High steel drum ensemble. Some the auction items include:
- A weekend rental of a 2017 Aston Martin DB11, compliments of Foreign Cars Italia Charlotte
- Dinner for eight at Jack Brantley’s elegant home, Aberdeen, in Camden
- A one week stay in a charming three-bedroom country home in Nyons, France
- A weekend stay in a two-bedroom apartment at the historic Fort Sumter House in Charleston.
- A two-night stay at the Ledson Hotel in Sonoma, Calif., including private wine tasting for two at the Ledson Winery
- A three-course dinner for six at the Capital City Club with wine and with music by SC Philharmonic musicians
More than 50 wines will be available for tasting at the event, and cigars from Tinder Box will be available for sampling outside.
Event chair, Brenda Wheeler, says “On behalf of our hard-working committee, I invite the community to come savor the flavors of the Midlands. Tasting Notes continues to grow and increase its impact for the South Carolina Philharmonic. With diverse restaurant partners, local beer and entertainment and 50 wines from around the world, Tasting Notes is established as a can’t-miss event each year. Hope to see you there!”
Columbia Metropolitan Magazine is a proud sponsor this year’s event. To purchase tickets, visit SCPhilharmonic.com or call (803) 254-7445. Tickets are $100, and you can even sponsor a musician for $80. Attire for this event is business casual.