By Abigail Thielke
Get excited farm-to-fork foodies… Today’s the day — the kickoff to Motor Supply Co. Bistro’s 8th Annual Harvest Week (June 16-21)! Join friends and local farmers at the Meet the Farmer Happy Hour from 5:30 — 7:00 p.m. Head Barman Josh Streetman will debut his eccentrically delicious Harvest Week Cocktail List for guests to enjoy while mingling with local farmers. Each cocktail is specially designed to highlight the flavors and ingredients of each farm, and to complement the dishes coming out of the kitchen.
Harvest Week features an all-local, farm-focused dinner menu of artfully crafted dishes honoring fresh S.C. ingredients and the farmers behind them, as well as a limited edition Harvest Week Cocktail List. Motor Supply hosts Harvest Week annually to celebrate the restaurant’s year-round relationships with small, local and sustainable Midlands farms.
As a little preview into the week, below you will find Executive Chef Wes Fulmer’s 13 featured purveyors and menu teasers.
Harvest Week 2015 Featured Suppliers and Specialties
- Carolina Heritage Farms: Heritage pork from Pamplico, S.C.
- City Roots: Variety of produce from award-winning, in-town Columbia, S.C. farm
- Doko Farm: Slow Food “Ark of Taste” listed Heritage meats from Blythewood, S.C.
- Floral and Hardy Farm: Flowers from the Midlands’ only fresh-cut flower farm
- Freshly Grown Farms: Hydroponically grown produce from Columbia, S.C.
- Heather’s Artisan Bakery: Homemade breads from Cayce, S.C.
- Indah Coffee: Premium local coffee, roasted in Columbia, S.C.
- Lever Farms: Certified SC-grown strawberries from Pomaria, S.C.
- Manchester Farms: Farm-raised quail from family-run farm in the Midlands
- Trail Ridge Farm and Dairy: “Famously delicious” dairy from Aiken, S.C.
- Watsonia Farms: Organic fruit grown by four generations in Monetta, S.C.
- West Ridge Farms: Premium, grass-fed beef from Little Mountain, S.C.
- Wil-Moore Farms: Free-range poultry and grass-fed beef from Lugoff, S.C.
Diners can expect to see a twist on a ravioli entrée, free-range chicken dish, Manchester Farms’ quail appetizer, crispy pork belly small plate and more. Fresh strawberries from Lever Farms and peaches from Watsonia Farms will also star on the dessert menu.
We’ll meet you at Motor for the daily-changing lunch, dinner and brunch menus (and fabulous cocktail list).